Real Estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $200,000. Considering the large downside risk and usually no up front cost, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of The Kate Broddick Team!
It doesn’t matter what real estate office has the property listed for sale — we will help you buy that property by giving you pertinent information about the neighbourhood, comparable properties that have sold within the last year, and an unbiased opinion about the property as a long term investment.
In this section of our website you will find help for the following:
Use of the MLS Home Listing Service
The Multiple Listing Service (MLS®) is the single most useful tool in place today to buy a home. Our Team can sell, lease and provide information to you about any property that is listed on the MLS®. You may want to have someone other than the Real Estate Agent that has listed the property working for you. Remember, the listing agent has the seller’s best interests at heart, including obtaining the best possible price for that home.
Why Choose Team Kate
As your Real Estate Agent, we are always working with your best interests in mind! When we are working on your behalf, we will negotiate the best price and ensure you have the representation you need. Still not convinced? Here are six more reasons to consider The Kate Broddick Team!
1. We can assist you in determining your buying power – that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give me some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, I can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders — banks and mortgage companies — offer limited choices.
2. We have many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised on the market, and it will take some investigation to find all available properties. Our Team not only uses the MLS®, but other websites, forums and networking strategies to find all possible properties that fit your search criteria.
3. We can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. We have access to a variety of resources and can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, etc. There are two things you’ll want to know: first, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell? These are the questions we can help answer.
4. We can assist you in the negotiation process. There are a myriad of negotiating factors, including (but not limited to) price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. We will advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required for your situation.
5. We provide due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. We’ll assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You’ll also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be a little confusing with past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Sound confusing? We will help!
6. We can help close the sale of your new home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing, questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most buyers. We’ll assist you in resolving these issues and move the transaction to closing.
If you’re looking to buy a property in the Brantford, Brant County, Norfolk County or surrounding area, please contact The Kate Broddick Team with Sutton Team Realty.