We absolutely love the Henderson-Holmedale area of Brantford – a mature community along the west side of the city full of so much character and charm!
The Henderson-Holmedale area of Brantford is well-liked for its large lots with mature trees and a variety of home styles. Along Dufferin Avenue, sprawling Victorian century homes are a sight to behold. The homes along Grand River Avenue are great for first time homebuyers, and for those looking to put down some roots, houses along Sky Acres and the surrounding streets are perfect family-friendly properties.
The parks in this part of town are sprawling and stunning with huge mature trees, gardens and plenty of park benches to sit back and read a good book. Play a round of golf, stroll through a museum exhibit, take part in a summer festival or just take a casual walk down these pretty streets with nearby cafes, shops and restaurants. Because of its proximity to the Grand River, Henderson-Holmedale is a highly sought-after neighbourhood in Brantford. Highway access means quick access to the 403 – a commuter’s dream! Or head north just past the highway towards the charming town of Paris.
Side and backsplit homes are a favourite style in these communities along Henderson and Sky Acres Road, but you can also find some unique mid-century and even Victorian homes along Dufferin and Parkside Drive! People often comment that the homes in this area look like castles with loads of character and charm – at a price that’s more affordable than you might think! It’s always a treat to walk these manicured streets and see how each home is different from the next.
You’ll also see some up-and-coming spots throughout Holmedale where young homeowners are moving into new loft condos and changing the landscape of the community. Newer construction in this area consists of modest single family homes as well as townhouses and condos. Or for something a little more luxurious, you could purchase a home that backs onto the Grand River and you’ll never have a shortage of stunning views from sunrise to sunset!
Larger lots and houses set back from the streets make this a very popular neighbourhood for families.
Brantford Public Schools are part of the Grand Erie District School Board, while the Catholic Schools are part of the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board.
PUBLIC ELEMENTARY: James Hillier
CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY: St. Pius
PUBLIC SECONDARY: Brantford Collegiate & Vocational Institute
CATHOLIC SECONDARY: St. John’s College
FRENCH IMMERSION: Ecole Confederation
OTHER: W Ross MacDonald School
– Glenhyrst Gardens & Art Gallery: Home to a lovely tea room surrounded by stunning gardens, a walking path, beautiful art galleries and more, this is home to many outdoor summer festivals, daycamps and more!
– Brantford Golf & Country Club: A private golf club known for being the 4th oldest golf club in North America having been founded in 1879!
– Grand River: This winding river is impressive and offers plenty of scenic views along the walking trails that run parallel to the water. Kayak rentals are available for a leisurely ride down the river or take a walk to Wilkes Dam to view all that nature has to offer!
– Waterworks Park: This spot offers places to enjoy a picnic, baseball diamonds, a cricket pitch and even the Rotary Bike Park where you can take your BMX off some sweet jumps!
– Highway Access: Jump on the 403 at the Paris Road exit making your commute quick and easy.