We absolutely love the Henderson-Holmedale area of Brantford – a mature community along the west side of the city full of so much character and charm!
The Henderson-Holmedale area of Brantford is well-liked for its large lots with mature trees and a variety of home styles. Along Dufferin Avenue, sprawling Victorian century homes are a sight to behold. The homes along Grand River Avenue are great for first time homebuyers, and for those looking to put down some roots, houses along Sky Acres and the surrounding streets are perfect family-friendly properties.
Side and backsplit homes are a favourite style in these communities along Henderson and Sky Acres Road, but you can also find some unique mid-century and even Victorian homes along Dufferin and Parkside Drive! You’ll also see some up-and-coming spots throughout Holmedale where young homeowners are moving into new loft condos and changing the landscape of the community.
PUBLIC ELEMENTARY: James Hillier
CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY: St. Pius
PUBLIC SECONDARY: Brantford Collegiate & Vocational Institute
CATHOLIC SECONDARY: St. John’s College
FRENCH IMMERSION: Ecole Confederation
OTHER: W Ross MacDonald School
– Glenhyrst Gardens & Art Gallery: Home to a lovely tea room surrounded by stunning gardens, a walking path, beautiful art galleries and more, this is home to many outdoor summer festivals, daycamps and more!
– Brantford Golf & Country Club: A private golf club known for being the 4th oldest golf club in North America having been founded in 1879!
– Grand River: This winding river is impressive and offers plenty of scenic views along the walking trails that run parallel to the water.
– Waterworks Park: This spot offers places to enjoy a picnic, baseball diamonds, a cricket pitch and even the Rotary Bike Park where you can take your BMX off some sweet jumps!
– Highway Access: Jump on the 403 at the Paris Road exit making your commute quick and easy.