Many newcomers to Brantford love buying a home in the West Brant neighbourhood – a beautiful family-friendly community in the southwest corner of the city!
West Brant is found across the Grand River on the western side of the city. It includes some of the newest and fastest growing home construction along the Shellard Lane area, but also features some lovely older, more mature neighbourhoods like Tutela Heights and Old West Brant along Mt Pleasant Street. This is a great place for young families to put down roots with plenty of neighbourhood parks & playgrounds in a well-planned community. Savvy real estate investors also like this part of Brantford as it offers larger homes they can lease to eager tenants.
As one of the fastest growing parts of Brantford, West Brant means there are plenty of newcomers to the city in this area. The schools and parks are newly built just like the houses, so you can be sure the technology and efficiency of the builds are up to modern standards. As the trees fill in along the boulevards, we are finding this is quite a very pretty and well-planned part of the city.
In the newer area of West Brant it’s booming with new construction! Townhouses and single detached homes are popular. You can find floorplans offering anywhere from 900-3500 sq ft of living space so there’s something for any size range you could be looking for. The most popular design are two-storey homes but there are some bungalows and bungalofts being built if you like main-floor living. This is a great solution for retirees looking to downsize but stay close to the grandkids in a family-friendly neighbourhood.
In the Old West Brant section you’ll love the character of Brantford cottages and century homes, some of which have been lovingly restored with modern finishes. With wider lots, buyers love the size of the home and property they can get for their budget in this part of West Brant.
Brantford Public Schools are part of the Grand Erie District School Board, while the Catholic Schools are part of the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board.
PUBLIC ELEMENTARY: Agnes G. Hodge, Ryerson Heights & Walter Gretzky Elementary
CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY: St. Basil, St. Gabriel, St. Teresa
PUBLIC SECONDARY: Brantford Collegiate & Vocational Institute
CATHOLIC SECONDARY: Assumption College
FRENCH IMMERSION: Ecole Dufferin
– Walking trails: Nestled between the homes of West Brant are several kilometres of quiet, rolling walking trails through that wind through forests, fields and along the Grand River.
– Bell Homestead: Along Tutela Heights Road, you can find the actual home where Alexander Graham Bell made the world’s first long distance phone call in this living museum. They also have a tea room and during summer months they do outdoor theatre.
– Dogford Park: A nicely maintained off-leash dog park just steps from the Grand River is a fun place to let rover run free!
– Lions Park: Just off of Mt Pleasant Road, this is home to many festivals every year, like WTFest, Canada Day celebrations and more! Baseball diamonds and soccer fields also make this a popular destination.
– Brant Conservation Area: Off the beaten path you can camp at the conservation area or take a swim in their enormous outdoor pool!
– Shopping: There’s no shortage of grocery stores, salons, restaurants and shops nearby if you need to pick up something.