The Northwest corner of the city of Brantford is home to the communities of Branlyn & Lynden Hills. With easy access to the highway, incredible amenities right outside your door and nice mature streets, this is a fantastic part of Brantford to put down roots and buy a home!
Branlyn & Lynden Hills in Brantford are one of the most sought-after parts of the city. This is a great spot for commuters as there are access points to the 403 (either from Wayne Gretzky Parkway or the Garden Avenue exits), as well as quick access to cities like Kitchener, Waterloo & Cambridge.
You will find plenty of mature parks with shady trees offering a peaceful setting for family walks and relaxation. With Lynden Park Mall in this part of town too, you’ve got lots of options for shopping and dining out. Because you are along the northern-most edge of the city, you get a real feel of rural living with nearby fields and farms, including Brantwood Farms – a local highlight with apple picking, pumpkins and fresh homemade baked goods. And you’ll love the walking trails, soccer fields and baseball diamonds in this incredibly family-friendly part of town.
With these neighbourhoods being on the edge of the picturesque countryside, Branlyn & Lynden Hills offers a variety of single family homes and condominiums to suit your needs and budget. The majority of this end of Brantford are well-loved, mature homes ranging from raised bungalows to two storey homes, backsplits & sidesplits. Townhouse complexes are also very popular in this end of the city, which is great for first time homebuyers and those looking to downsize. However if you would prefer something a little newer, you will also find some new construction creeping into this part of town now as well.
Houses in this part of town are generally set back from the street giving a nice open, spacious feel to these neighbourhoods. Large lots with mature trees, various architectural details and winding sidewalks give each road its own unique character, making every street feel like it has a real personality.
Brantford Public Schools are part of the Grand Erie District School Board, while the Catholic Schools are part of the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board.
- PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS: Branlyn Community School
- CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS: Notre Dame School
- PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS: Pauline Johnson Collegiate & Vocational School
- CATHOLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS: St. John’s College
- FRENCH IMMERSION SCHOOLS: Ecole Confederation
Check out the amazing amenities available to you in the Greenbrier, Brier Park & Fairview neighbourhoods:
- Lynden Park Mall: This mall is very popular in Brantford, with everything from a grocery store, drug store, hair salons, trendy clothing shops, electronics, an LCBO, fitness centre and more!
- Jaycee Sports Park: Offers three baseball diamonds with bleachers, a football/soccer field, a skateboard park, and paved pathways with connection to trails.
- Brantwood Farms: Farm market focusing on fresh, local produce and pick your own fruit. In the fall they host a festival including hayrides and a pumpkin patch.
- Wayne Gretzky Parkway Trail: There are a number of trails off the beaten path along Wayne Gretzky Parkway, meaning you can take a leisurely stroll, or run errands on foot while you get your steps in on this family friendly path!
- Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre Complex: Not far from Branlyn & Lynden Hills is this large indoor complex with several swimming pools, hockey arenas, exercise rooms & fitness classes.